Following job vacancies are available. Please r...
Meeting with PUCSL
A meeting was held with Public Utilities Commis...
Resignation of ECSL Chairman, Prof S.B.S. Abayakoon
Prof S B S Abayakoon who became the inaugural C...
The Engineering Council, Sri Lanka (ECSL) was established, effective from 24th August 2018, in accordance with the provisions of the Engineering Council, Sri Lanka Act No 4 of 2017 in the Parliament of Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka. The Engineering Council, Sri Lanka is thereby made responsible for the:
- maintenance of professional standards and conduct of engineering practitioners
- registration of different categories of engineering practitioners, and
- to provide for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
According to the said act published as a supplement to Part II of the gazette of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka of March 10, 2017, all those who do engage in the practice of engineering profession should be registered at the Engineering Council, Sri Lanka under Section 15 or 18 of the said act. Categories of engineering practitioners as defined by the act are:
- Chartered Engineer - CEng
- Associate Engineer - AEng
- Affiliate Engineer - AflEng
- Incorporated Engineer - IEng
- Engineering Diplomate - EngDip
- Engineering Technician - EngTec